Friday, November 12, 2004

Being a refugee

Season change mad things rearrange
But it all stays the same like the love doctor strange
I'm tame like the rapper get red like a snapper, when they do that
Got your whole block saying true dat
If only they knew that, it was you who was irregular
Sold your soul for some secular muzac that's whack
Plus you use that, loop, over and over
Claiming that you got a new style, your attempts are futile, oooh child
Your puerile, brain waves are sterile...

And I back this with deuteronomy or leviticus
God made this word, you can't get with this
Sweet like licorice, dangerous like syphillis, yeah...

Cause the whole world's out a order
So at night the feins dance on grease with john travolta
One got slaughtered as he caught blood from his mouth
The other tried to duck and caught a left with my guinness stout
Brother, brother can't you get this through your head
This is a setup by the feds, their scoping us with their infrareds...
--How Many Mics? Fugees

It was me, Jesus Christ and Haile Selassie
Selassie said greetings in the name of the most high,
Jah Rhastafari, Christ, took a sip of the Amaretto,
Passed it down the table said today I'll be betrayed by one you 12 disciples
Give me a clue who could do this to you?
The kid on the block who makes less money than you.
Crooked cops pulled up, they offered him 30 pieces of silver
All he got to do is deliver the savior
Right on Bergen St. from bad luck to good luck
My cup runneth over, pass it down, guzzle up
The time has arrived, the prophecy will manifest
I saw death, I got scared, butterflies on my chest
Father if possible, pass this cup before me,
But it's too late I chose my destiny in Gethsemane.
--Manifest Fugees


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home